FOR THIS WEEK
- Accurately spell words with suffixes
- Click here to see a list of this week’s words and sentences.
Reading Instructional Focus:
- Draw conclusions during reading, based on text evidence
- Describe characters and explain how their actions transmit experiences
- Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures
- Compare and contrast two subjects in a text using text evidence and Venn diagrams
- Explain how the central message, lesson, or moral of a story is conveyed through key details in the text
- Distinguish different points of view and support them with text evidence
- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text
Grammar Instructional Focus:
- Identify and correctly spell and use contractions with “not”
- Combine sentences with like subjects to create a sentence with a compound predicate
Daily Oral Language – (D.O.L.)
- A daily student-led class activity to strengthen proofreading skills.